Deep Blue Sea
- formerly Little Devils
"Deep Blue Sea - a tidal wave of blues rock"
July 2016, Jerry Da Costa, Robmont Management & Promotions
Muzz - vocals. Muzz has packed a whole lot of music into her 24 years. She represented Ireland in the World Championships of Performing Arts in Los Angeles & achieved a 1st class honours degree in Popular Music Performance. Muzz has performed alongside well known bands, Toots & the Maytals and The Skatalites. Now she's joined Deep Blue Sea and brings phenomenal vocal abilities - range and skill with passion and soul - taking the band in exciting new directions.
Chris Walker - lead guitar. Following his first gig at The Troubadour, Allan MacKay (Music Riot) said “To summarise what difference Chris has made to the band, it’s that he looks & plays like he is having the time of his life!”. Chris has toured and recorded in the USA and Europe with among others Saxon and Carlos Santana.
Graeme Wheatley - bass. Principle songwriter. Graeme's written for The Weinstein Company, New Atlantic Records & other bands plus TV, radio and web.
Dave Powell - drums. Dave at 27, has already played with many luminaries including Adele, Mumford & Sons, Pino Palladino & producer, Cenzo Townshend. He’s played on the main stages in Glastonbury, Reading & Montreux. Dave is endorsed by www.britishdrumco.com A fantastic drummer completing the new line-up.
- Featured on the Paul Jones BBC Radio 2 Blues Show who said "They’re really good, I promise you!"
- Jerry Da Costa signed the band to his Robmont Promotions Agency saying "Deep Blue Sea - a tidal wave of blues rock" July 2016, Jerry Da Costa, Robmont Management & Promotions
- Ian MacKenzie heard the band and said "The new songs are simply outstandingly good. The instrumentation is nicely balanced and beautifully played, and Muzz has a voice and delivery to die for. Will this band eclipse what has gone before? One comment: Given this start, No problemo!"June 2016, Ian McKenzie, Blues in the South
- Finally, catching the band live, Allan McKay said " To summarise what difference guitarist Chris Walker brings to the band it's that Chris looks and plays like he is having the time of his life!" The Troubadour, London, Feb 2016, Allan McKay, Music Riot
- Mama Bear Enterprises - It's with joy and satisfaction I see and hear Deep Blue Sea who have had their trial by fire and emerged finely honed and with a ring as clear as a sword of Damascus steel. Looking forward to works that will speak the truth...and shame the Devil. Sally Sharp-Paulsen, Norway (manager/promoter)
So, Little Devils metamorphosing into Deep Blue Sea will continue to play the songs of Little Devils
but with a new fresh edge and new music is already knocking at the door….
Deep Blue Sea website
Powerful original rocking blues
Formed by David James Smith in the summer of 2013, purely as a kickabout blues band for a group of friends - all pro musicians - to come together and riff out in a favourite late-night bar.
The synergy and dynamic potential of Jack Cable (guitar) Chris Ogden (drums) Russ Hill (keys) and Lee Churchill (bass) immediately inspired Smith to pen original tracks for the British five-piece. Already an established songwriter with commercial output, the singer/guitarist came well-equipped to dig deep into favoured influences, personal experience and a platform to express his guitar work. Smith draws from axe heroes such as Billy Gibbons, Dave Gilmour and Gary Moore, as well as the songwriting of Bowie, Gerry Rafferty and The Eagles.
After recording a 5-track EP in the summer of 2014, the band was on its way and the worldwide response via social media hailed the authenticity of its music.
As a strong following grew, it led to investment that enabled the recording of a full-length, professionally produced album. Coming Soon!
With vibes fleeting from southern rock and dirty grooves to blissed-out Floyd anthems, the bedrock for solos are in place. But the choruses are key, with soaring vocals and barbed hooks galore.
David James Smith - Singer/Songwriter & Lead Guitar
Jack Cable - Guitar
Russ Hill - Keyboards
Chris Ogden - Drums
Lee Churchill - Bass
Austin Gold website - On Facebook - Soundcloud